Who are we?
www.gvcworld.eu is the official website of Global Visa Center World (henceforth referred to as “We” or “GVCW”) and is owned by Global Visa Center World Hellas S.A, (6 Dragatsaniou Street, 10559 Athens, Greece), a company incorporated and registered in Greece under Greek Law.
According to EU Data Protection Law, when we process personal data, our legal status is that of a controller.
Why do we process your data?
Please note that www.gvcworld.eu is intended to provide general information about GVCW, an overview of its services and other general information that might be of interest to a potential visa applicant.
Accordingly, in principle we do not intend or wish to request or collect any data which can be understood as personal.
That being clarified, we may collect your personal data on the following occasions:
- We may collect some personal data when you choose to contact us via an email or a contact form we may include as a feature on this website. In such case, we shall collect your name and email and any other personal data you decide to include in your message and thus share with us. We shall only process such data in order to receive, analyze and respond to your request.
- We may furthermore process data collected under the aforementioned two occasions for research/statistical purposes in order for us to study and optimize the scope, methods and quality of our offered services. In such occasions, your personal data will be anonymized, unless the contrary is deemed absolutely necessary.
How is your data processed, stored and kept secure?
Our website and servers have appropriate technical and organizational measures in place to protect against unauthorized or unlawful access to personal data and against their accidental loss, destruction or damage. However, you should note that no data transmission over the internet can be 100% secure. So, when you transmit data to us we cannot guarantee the security of your information during this transmission.
Do we share your data with third parties?
We may only share your data with other entities in the following occasions:
- We may disclose your personal information to our partner-entities if it is necessary for us to be able to respond to a request from you or if its necessary to supply services that you have requested. We shall disclose such data only if our partners need to process personal information in provision of their services to us. Please note that we only cooperate with partners who can warrant that they have sufficient processes in place to ensure the security of your personal information, once they receive it.
- We may disclose your data with third parties if we are required to do so by law, court order or governmental authority and only insofar such disclosure in necessary for us to abide to our legal duties and obligations.
Do we process or transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area?
Currently we do not, but we may do in the future, especially in order to be able to provide our services or abide to your requests. In such cases, we shall take any reasonable steps necessary to ensure that such transfers shall only occur if the receiving party can guarantee a similar level of protection for your personal data, as the one set and required by EU Law.
How long do we retain your data?
We will not retain your personal data for a longer period than what is necessary. Accordingly, we will permanently delete your personal data once they are no longer necessary for the purposes they were collected or processed. However, we may retain them for a longer period in the following cases:
- If we are required to do so by an obligation imposed to us by Law
- In case such personal data is essential in legal proceedings. For example, we may need such data to file, support a legal claim or defend against such a claim.
- We may furthermore process data for research/statistical purposes. In such capacity we are able to study and optimize the scope, methods and quality of our offered services. However, in such occasions, your personal data will be processed in an anonymized form, unless the contrary is deemed absolutely necessary.
Are there any age restrictions when providing personal data?
We do not willingly collect personal data from children under the age of 16. If you are younger than 16, please make sure that you acquire your parent/guardian's permission before you provide any personal information to us. If we understand or suspect that you have provided such data to us without the aforementioned permission, we will immediately delete this data.
What are your rights in relation to your data?
- At any moment you may request that we inform you whether we process any of your personal data. Our response will include information on which of your personal data we may be processing. We can provide you with a copy, if you so request. We shall not charge you for our aforementioned actions, unless you repeatedly exercise your right, in which case we shall charge you with a reasonable fee reflecting our administrative costs.
- Should you understand that your personal data we keep are inaccurate, you may request that we rectify them, and we shall gladly abide to your request.
- You may request that we delete all or any of your personal data we keep. However, we may lawfully deny to do so if such data are still necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed or if processing is necessary for us in order to:
- comply with a legal obligation
- exercise our right to freedom of expression and/or information
- establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
- You may request to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and at your request we can also transmit those data to another entity understood as a data controller under EU Law.
- You may object to our processing of some or all your personal data we keep if our processing is not based on your consent but on our legitimate business interests. In such case we shall no longer process your personal data unless:
- we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or
- we need to continue processing your personal data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- You may request and obtain restriction of processing where one of the following cases applies:
- the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you. In such case, restriction will apply only for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of your personal data
- our processing is unlawful, but you request restriction of processing instead of erasure of your data.
- we no longer need your personal data but our keeping them is necessary for you to establish, exercise or defend any legal claims
- you have exercised your right under sub-section 5 (right to object). In such case restriction will apply only for the period of time necessary until it is verified that our legitimate grounds override your proposed grounds.
In all the aforementioned cases, the contested personal data shall, with the exception of storage, only be processed with the data subject's consent or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest.
If you believe that use of www.gvcworld.eu has violated or breached any of your rights and freedoms under applicable EU data protection law, you can always file a complaint at an incumbent European data protection authority. Since GVCW is a Greek entity, its lead supervising authority is the Hellenic Data Protection Authority. You can learn more about how to reach HDPA and exercise your rights at their website (www.dpa.gr)
What about the links on our website?
- What is a cookie?
"Cookies" are small pieces of information that a website may set on your hard drive to store and sometimes track information about you.
- Because some of them are necessary for the website to function properly
- Because they make our website easier to use and they enhance its speed and your overall user experience (functionality cookies)
- Because we collect anonymous aggregated statistics. These statistics, also known as analytics, help us understand how users view our website, what are its strengths and weaknesses and allow us to understand your needs and improve the website’s architecture and content. (analytics/performance cookies)
- What type of cookies do we use?
Generally, cookies are divided between two major categories:
Session cookies: they are only used while are visiting our website and they are deleted when you leave.
Persistent cookies: Such cookies are stored on your computer until they expire or are deleted.
Moreover, cookies are classified between first party and third-party cookies. First party cookies are set by the website you are visiting, whereas third party cookies are set by other domains.
- Can I disable cookies?
Internet browsers are usually set up to automatically accept cookies. However, you can change the settings of your browser. In such manner you can block cookies, or you can be alerted when cookies are sent to your device. Please note that if you are using different devices you need to configure the settings of the browser in use in each device separately.
Also, be aware, that if you choose to disable all the cookies that we use, such choice may have significant impact on your user experience and possibly in your capacity to access all parts and features of our website.
How can you contact us?