Who are we?
www.gvcworld.eu is the official website of Global Visa Center World (henceforth referred to as “We” or “GVCW”) and is owned by GVCWorld (Hellas) SA, (6 Dragatsaniou Street, 10559 Athens, Greece), a company incorporated and registered in Greece under Greek Law.
According to EU Data Protection Law, when we process personal data, our legal status is that of a controller.
Why do we process your data?
Please note that www.gvcworld.eu is intended to provide general information about GVCW, an overview of its services and other general information that might be of interest to a potential visa applicant.
Accordingly, in principle we do not intend or wish to request or collect any data which can be understood as personal.
That being clarified, we may collect your personal data on the following occasions:
- We may collect some personal data when you choose to contact us via an email or a contact form we may include as a feature on this website. In such case, we shall collect your name and email and any other personal data you decide to include in your message and thus share with us. We shall only process such data in order to receive, analyze and respond to your request. We keep this data for the minimum amount of time necessary to properly respond to your request. After that we either securely delete data or we anonymize it. We ask you to consent to the collection of personal data, when you email us or when you use our contact form.
- We may collect some personal data when you choose to contact us via a feedback form. In such case, we shall collect your name and email and any other personal data you decide to include on the feedback form and thus share with us. We shall only process such data in order to receive, analyze and respond to your request and for training and statistical purposes. We keep this data for the minimum amount of time necessary to properly respond to your request and for training and statistical purposes. After that we either securely delete data or we anonymize it.
- We may furthermore process data collected under the aforementioned three occasions for research/ statistical purposes in order for us to study and optimize the scope, methods and quality of our offered services. In such occasions, your personal data will be anonymized.
How is your data processed, stored and kept secure?
Our website and servers have appropriate technical and organizational measures in place to protect against unauthorized or unlawful access to personal data and against their accidental loss, destruction or damage. However, you should note that no data transmission over the internet can be 100% secure. So, when you transmit data to us, we cannot guarantee the security of your information during this transmission.
Do we share your data with third parties?
We may only share your data with other entities in the following occasions:
- We may disclose your personal information to our partner-entities if it is necessary for us to be able to respond to a request from you or if it is necessary to supply services that you have requested. We shall disclose such data only if our partners need to process personal information in provision of their services to us. Please note that we only cooperate with partners who can warrant that they have sufficient processes in place to ensure the security of your personal information, once they receive it.
- We may disclose your data with third parties if we are required to do so by law, court order or governmental authority and only insofar such disclosure in necessary for us to abide to our legal duties and obligations.
Do we transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area?
No, we do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area.
How long do we retain your data?
We will not retain your personal data for a longer period than what is necessary. Accordingly, we will permanently delete your personal data once they are no longer necessary for the purposes they were collected or processed. However, we may retain them for a longer period in the following cases:
- If we are required to do so by an obligation imposed to us by Law
- In case such personal data is essential in legal proceedings. For example, we may need such data to file, support a legal claim or defend against such a claim.
- We may furthermore process data for research/ statistical purposes. In such capacity we are able to study and optimize the scope, methods and quality of our offered services. However, in such occasions, personal data will be processed in an anonymized form.
Are there any age restrictions when providing personal data?
We do not collect personal data from children under the age of 16. We will immediately delete personal data, if we understand or suspect that you have provided such data without being of legal age to do so.
What about the links on our website?
PERSONAL DATA PRIVACY NOTICE RELATED TO PERSONAL DATA SUBMITTED WHILE USING OUR VISA RELATED SERVICES
Here are some Questions and Answers on personal data protection. Please read it carefully, before you proceed to use any of our services.
What is personal data?
‘Personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Why am I submitting personal data?
You choose to submit personal data to make use of our services and consequently apply for a visa to visit Greece and the Schengen area. Some of your personal data is needed, so that we can provide you with our services in the following instances:
- when you create an account in our website, that will assist you with your visa application
- when you book an appointment at the Visa Application Center of your choice to apply for a visa
- when you prefill an online visa application to visit Greece and the Schengen area or when you submit a visa application at our Visa Application Center
Whom are you collecting personal data from?
We only collect personal data from you, as long as you are the subject of the personal data that will be submitted, or the parent of a minor, who is the subject of the personal data, that will be submitted or the legal guardian or other legal representative of the subject of the personal data, that will be submitted. You are sixteen (16) years old or older. We only want you to submit personal data that is accurate to the best of your knowledge.
Whom am I submitting personal data to?
You are submitting personal data to GVCWorld (Hellas) SA, a company registered in Greece and our local partner in your country.
GVCWorld (Hellas) SA is an external service provider for the provision of visa services on behalf of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Greece. GVCWorld (Hellas) SA will be the controller of your personal data. Our local partner will be the processor of your personal data.
Which personal data of mine are you processing?
We only process the personal data you submit to us. We ask you to submit the minimum personal data required for us to be able to provide you with our services:
- when you create an account in our website, that will assist you with your visa application, we ask for your name, surname and email address
- when you book an appointment at the Visa Application Center of your choice to apply for a visa, we ask for your name, surname, email address and passport number
- when you prefill an online visa application or when you submit a visa application at our Visa Application Center we ask for your Surname, Surname at birth, First name(s), Date of birth, Place of birth, Country of birth, Current nationality, Nationality at birth, Sex, Marital status, National identity number, Type of travel document, Number of travel document, Date of issue, Expiry date, Issuing authority, home address, e-mail address, telephone number(s), Residence in a country other than the country of current nationality, Current occupation, Employer and employer's address and telephone number, for students, name and address of educational establishment, Main purpose(s) of the journey, (Schengen) Member State(s) of destination, (Schengen) Member State of first entry, Number of entries requested, Duration of the intended stay or transit, Schengen visas issued during the past three years, Fingerprints collected previously for the purpose of applying for a Schengen visa, Entry permit for the final country of destination, Intended date of arrival in the Schengen area, Intended date of departure from the Schengen area, Surname and first name of the inviting person(s) in the Member State(s) OR name of hotel(s) or temporary accommodation(s) in the Member State(s), Address and e-mail address of inviting person(s)/hotel(s)/temporary accommodation(s)/Telephone and telefax, Name and address of inviting company/organization, Telephone and telefax of company/organization, Surname, first name, address, telephone, telefax, and e-mail address of contact person in company/organization, Cost of travelling and living during the applicant's stay is covered/Means of support, Personal data of the family member who is an EU, EEA or CH citizen/Date of birth/Nationality/Number of travel document or ID card, Family relationship with an EU, EEA or CH citizen, Place and date of filling the visa application, Signature, in the case of minors we also ask for Surname, first name, address (if different from applicant´s) and nationality of parental authority/legal guardian.
In case of a visa application for the Schengen area we also collect some of your biometric personal data, like photo and fingerprints at our Visa Application Center.
We also collect personal data to issue a receipt for our services and comply with our financial obligations when you visit a Visa Application Center.
We only collect the minimum personal data, that is required to lodge a visa application for Greece and the Schengen area. The personal data required for that purpose is set out in the Law uniformly in the Schengen area. You can see an official visa application form in our website or in one of our Visa Application Centers. We will never ask you to submit any personal data irrelevant to or unnecessary for the processing of your visa application.
Some of the above personal data is not applicable in some cases.
Why will you process my personal data?
We will process your personal data, because this is necessary in the exercise of official authority vested in us as external service provider for the provision of visa services on behalf of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Greece. This means that we have been lawfully given the right to process your personal data in order to assist you with your visa application.
The processing of special categories of personal data, when you apply for a visa in person at our Visa Application Center, is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest based on the law.
Our services are provided to you according to the to the Law (Regulation (EC) 767/2008, Regulation (EC) 810/2009, Greek Law N. 4251/2014) and our concession contract with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Greece.
The collection of personal data is mandatory for the examination of your visa application and necessary for us to provide you with our visa application services.
We will never make any other use of your personal data.
How will you process my personal data?
Will anybody else receive my personal data from you?
Personal data you submit in our website will be accessed only by GVCWorld (Hellas) SA and our local partner in your country. When you apply in person at our Visa Application Center, we will transfer your personal data according to the Law only to the Greek Consulate, so that the Greek Consulate can further process your visa application. This procedure is carried out in a secure way. We will never transfer your personal data to any third parties or outside the European Union.
How long will you keep my personal data?
We will only keep your personal data for the minimum period of time necessary to assist you with your visa application to visit Greece. We will immediately and irreversibly delete all your personal data, in case you choose to delete your account in our website. You can request the deletion of your account anytime you wish so, as long as you don’t have any pending appointments at a Visa Application Center.
We keep physical files of your personal data, only when you lodge a visa application with us in person. We only keep these physical files until we send it to the Greek Consulate.
We keep personal data contained in our copy of payment slips for the time required according to local financial regulations.
We will never keep for any reason your personal data for more than the absolute minimum time according to the law and our concession contract with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Greece.
What happens to my personal data after that?
We will securely and permanently erase the digital files containing your personal data.
What are my rights regarding my personal data you will be processing?
Your applicable rights under data protection law are:
a.the right to be informed how and why your personal data is being collected and processed. The right to be informed on your relevant rights. We do our best to inform you on these in this document.
Feel free to ask us any further questions you might have before or after submitting your personal data to us.
b.the right to access your personal data or get a copy of your personal data from GVCWorld (Hellas) SA. Naturally, you can exercise this specific right, before we erase your personal data according to our regulations.
c.the right to rectify or complete your personal data
We want your personal data to be accurate, so that we can provide you with our visa services.
d.the right to erasure of your personal data
e.the right to restrict processing of your personal data
f.the right to object to processing of your personal data
Please consider that according to the Law and for practical reasons it is possible for you to exercise your rights under c, d, e and f above in relation to personal data contained in your visa application only until we transfer your personal data to the Greek Consulate.
You can exercise any of your above rights towards GVCWorld (Hellas) SA. You can exercise your rights free of charge and we will be happy to assist you with the procedure.
g.the right to lodge a complaint with the Hellenic Data Protection Authority
Postal Address: Greek Data Protection Authority Offices: Kifissias 1-3, 115 23 Athens, Greece, Call Centre: +30-210 6475600, Fax: +30-210 6475628, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Before doing so, we encourage you to contact us and/ or our Data Protection Officer.
How can I contact you?
We are available upon request to inform you free of charge in further detail on our personal data protection policy and your relevant rights.
For enquiries: GVCWorld (Hellas) SA contact details: Email email@example.com
Headquarters’ address 6 Dragatsaniou Street, 105 59 Athens, Greece
Phone +30 210 3210 833, Fax +30 210 3210 832
GVCWorld (Hellas) SA Data Protection Officer (DPO) contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone +30 210 3210 833